Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? TCMD v24 registration problem

Feb
Hi,

Long-time user here. I have two copies installed. One on my home PC, one on my work PC. I'm in the process of moving to a new work PC. My typical process in the past has been to install TCMD on the new PC, and then remove it from the old PC before I turn it in. So there is about a 2 week period where I have it on 3 PCs (I'm the only user, so only one PC is in use at any one time). This time, when I installed it on the new work PC I got a registration error "[11001] Host not found" when I put in my license key.

Any advice? Do I need to use the 'request manual key' process?

Thanks.

That error is an internet error (couldn't find the registration server). Assuming your internet connection is working, this is generally caused by a proxy server on your end blocking access to the JP Software registration server.

Did you unregister the old system before installing it on the new one? Doing an uninstall does *not* unregister that system from the registration server - you do that from the registration dialog (enter the computer name + key, then click on "unregister").