In this issue
Take Command 12.10 Released
Take Command v12 is the best Windows command line and scripting software on the market today. This release, we have focused on both productivity improvements and adding many of our users most requested new command capabilities. v12.10 continues our tradition of making the command line easier to work with and more powerful.
Upgrading from any prior version of Take Command, TCC, 4NT or 4DOS is only $49.95. (Upgrading from v12.0 to v12.10 is free for registered v12.0 users. If you haven't received your 12.10 key, please contact us.)
Key v12 features include:
· Italian and Russian - We've added Italian and Russian language support to our existing English, French, and German.
· More Speed -- The fastest Windows command line processor is now faster. It loads faster, and display output and file read operations are faster.
· Batch Debugger / IDE –The batch debugger and IDE have been rewritten, with a new more powerful editor and dozens of new features, including conditional breakpoints and tool tips.
· New In The TCC Command Processor -- 7 new internal commands, 28 enhanced internal commands, 60 new internal command options, and 29 new or enhanced internal variables and variable functions.
· DO loops - You can now create single-line DO loops for aliases and the command line.
· Directory Wildcards – TCC now supports wildcards (including regular expressions) in the pathnames, not just the filenames.
· Customizable Color Palettes – Take Command and TCC now allow you to customize the color palettes used in the tab or console windows.
· Folder View Updates - Take Command now automatically updates the Folder View tree when directories are created/modified/deleted.
Compression Commands - We added GZIP, TAR, and ZIPSFX archive support to the existing ZIP support.
· Enhancements -- v12 adds more than 300 of the most requested new options to our existing commands and functions. See the full list on the “What’s New” page in the v12 online help.
Make sure to check out the two special offers at the bottom of this email.
Download the v12 30 Day Trial Version
Buy Take Command v12 at Our Web Store
Offer 1 -- As an added inducement, we are allowing current users of Take Command or TCC / 4NT to purchase additional licenses at the upgrade price, including volume discounts. That's right. Instead of $99.95 for additional licenses, you can get them for $49.95 or less. So, if you want to add some additional licenses, now is the time. For example, if you have 5 licenses and want to add an additional 5, just order 10 upgrades and get them for the volume discount price of $37 per copy.
Offer 2 -- We are also offering a "Friends and Family" $30 discount on new copy prices using discount code "FandF30". The price is only $69.95 after discount. Feel free to forward this email to friends you think might benefit from the power of Take Command.
Read More »
New JP Software Web Site
For the last three months, we’ve been working on a complete overhaul of the (rather tired?) JP Software web site, store, and forums. You may have seen some of this already in the new forum design, and now we’ve rolled out the new web site and store.
It’s a radical transformation — much less cluttered than before, and we hope a much more attractive layout.
See it at http://jpsoft.com
If you love (or hate) the new site, if you want us to add more content (or if we’ve inadvertently removed your favorite content), write a comment.
Win a 10-system Take Command License
What could your company do with a 10-system license for Take Command v12.10? Send us your ideas - we'll award a free 10-system license every month, and feature your company (and your Take Command solution) on our web site. Send your ideas to email@example.com.
How is Your Company Using Take Command?
We're launching a new section on our web site featuring our customer's solutions to complex problems (or nagging Windows issues). We'll give your company a page on our web site (including links back to your web site) to describe who you are, what you do, and how you're using Take Command to solve problems and create new opportunities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback and Suggestions
Every user is given 20 votes, which they can spend on submitting their own new ideas, or voting on other ideas they would like to see implemented. When an idea is accepted or rejected by JP Software, the user gets their vote back. This provides a way for users to prioritize their favorite ideas, without being drowned out by a vocal minority of other users.
The Feedback forum will also match your suggestions against previous suggestions, to reduce the number of duplicate entries. You can discuss and develop suggestions via the comment threads, so that by the time we’re ready to implement an idea it has already been fully thought out.