JP Software has released Take Command 17.0. After the major UI changes in 16.0, we have made even more changes to the internals for 17.0.
Take Command, TCC, and the IDE / Batch Debugger have been rewritten to remove almost all limitaitons on file, line, and argument sizes (other than those imposed by the Windows APIs, and the amount of available RAM). At the same time, we have reduced the amount of RAM used by Take Command and TCC by a minimum of 10x to as much as 100x (depending on the operation), and optimized the parser to make TCC even faster. A happy additional benefit of the rewrite is that everything is easier to debug and more reliable.
Some other new 17.0 features include:
- Popup edit windows for aliases, environment variables, and variable functions.
- TCC dialogs no longer block other tab windows.
- 40 new or updated variable functions and internal variables.
- A number of new TCC keyboard shortcuts, including keystrokes to increase the window size, move the console window, and change the font size.
- 3 new internal commands.
- 18 updated internal commands.
- Alias and internal command command line completion.
- Improved support for 4K monitors.
- KEYSTACK and the Take Command tabbed toolbar support more special keys.
- VIEW supports FTP and HTTP files.
and many more. See the full feature list in the What's New in Version 17 section of the help.
Download Take Command 17.0 - 32-bit