Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4NT V8 license issue

May
I have a licensed version of 4NT V8 running on Windows 7. It was fine until I installed the trial of TCMD V15. I uninstalled TCMD after the trial expired. Now 4NT claims that it's not licensed. I can reenter the license for a session and it accepts it, but I cannot get it to stick. As soon as I close and relaunch 4NT it says the trial has expired. I've tried 'Run as Administrator' but that did not solve the issue.

How can I restore the licensed version of 4NT?

- Jus

Thanks, but as I said in the original post, I've already tried 'Run as Administrator'. The license is successfully applied, but does not stick if I run without elevating. If I run 4NT again elevated, then it does appear registered. But if I run it without elevating I get the "This trial version has expired! You will be able to run only a limited number of commands in each session." message.

This is a 4NT V8 issue, TCMD is not installed.

- Jus

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer, or figure it out?

I have a 2-system license for 4NT v8. It's been running fine on one laptop (Win 7)
for a year or so. I've now installed it on a second new laptop, also Win 7.
I registered it running 4NT "as administrator." The key is accepted.
Now 4NT windows that are run "as administrator" are fine, but 4NT windows run
normally are still "trial" I have tried also logging in as administrator (vs. running
4NT as administrator) and entering the key there. No change in behavior.
Most annoying. (I also do not have TCMD installed.)

You can get an 'ini' version of this program too. I think it's downloadable at jpsoftware.

You register it, and then put the whole lot (including the reg-key file), into the same directory. It works a treat. I've been running 4nt8 and tcmd8 from the same directory for ever since they came out, in exactly this manner. I reinstall the OS too often to keep reactivating the licence in the registry.

I mainly use windows 2000, although there are things like xp and something else on there. Every now and then you just got to a spring clean, suppose. But much of the set-up is now handled by cmd.exe batches and some really neat utilities (conset.exe, setcddl.exe), and varying batches that pull things down from registry. (Ie all the program locations are created in "hklm\software\wendy\folders", and then batches just read the local implementation from that folder. It's kept up to date by rigoursly used.)

But it's also accessed from a great variety of VMs as well. So if you get the vm to work, you just run half a dozen batch files, and all of these proggies are installed, up and running etc.

Back