Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

56-line Window Limit?

Aug
No matter how tall I make the console window or what size font I use I cannot get Take Command (v10.00.75) to use more than 56 lines. I just end up with blank white space at the bottom of the window below line 56. And the size shown in the statusbar never reflects more than 56 lines.

Is this currently a limit of the software or is it something I can reconfigure? I've looked for settings that might affect this and have had no luck finding anything that helps.

Any ideas?

--Bob Q

bquinlan wrote:

> No matter how tall I make the console window or what size font I use I cannot get Take Command (v10.00.75) to use more than 56 lines. I just end up with blank white space at the bottom of the window below line 56. And the size shown in the statusbar never reflects more than 56 lines.
>
> Is this currently a limit of the software or is it something I can reconfigure? I've looked for settings that might affect this and have had no luck finding anything that helps.
>
> Any ideas?

It's not a Take Command limitation. Windows will not let you create a
console bigger than ( screen size ) / ( font height ).

So you can get bigger windows for Take Command by changing your default
Windows console font to something smaller.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Thanks for the trip!

That is a bizarre limitation. Pretty much what I've come to expect from Windows... :-}

--Bob Q

bquinlan wrote:
It's not a Take Command limitation. Windows will not let you create a
console bigger than ( screen size ) / ( font height ).

So you can get bigger windows for Take Command by changing your default
Windows console font to something smaller.

Rex Conn
JP Software