Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done _TCSELECTION?

May
I don't whether it already exists or is feasible, or how useful it might be, but how about a _TCSELECTION (compare _TCFOLDER) which would give an appropriately quoted fully-qualified name of what's selected in the file explorer's righthand pane (or a space-separated list of such names?).

... inspired by the "Open with" thread in the support forum. I imagined a TCC keystroke alias which would "openwith.exe %_TCSELECTION".

I use PowerDesk Pro from Avanquest.com and under the Edit tab it has Copy Path as Text. Here's the result of selecting four files, selecting that option, and simply pasting the result here:

C:\QA\EPSONFX.FNT
C:\QA\EPSONLQ.FNT
C:\QA\EPSONMRX.FNT
C:\QA\HPDESKJ.FNT

www.avanquest.com/USA/software/powerdesk-pro-9-500373

So it's definitely doable. Obviously it wouldn't be difficult to add quotes.

Space-separated might not be a good idea because a filename or path might contain spaces.

I use PowerDesk Pro from Avanquest.com and under the Edit tab it has Copy Path as Text. Here's the result of selecting four files, selecting that option, and simply pasting the result here:
Shift-Right-Click in TCMD's file explorer gives a "Copy as path" option. That results in a newline-separated list of quoted file names. I had forgotten about that. _TCSELECTION would be a tad easier.

Back