1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A real oddity but not a real problem...

Discussion in 'Support' started by mathewsdw, Apr 10, 2013.

1. mathewsdw

In the last three days I've gotten the a message box (whose image I can't manage to attach to this message for whatever reasons) three or four times when starting a Take Command instance. It says "A device attached to the system is not functioning. "AttachConsole". However, starting it again resolved the problem.

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

What version of Take Command?

What version of Windows?

That error is an internal Windows error, not specifically a Take Command error.

3. mathewsdw

TCC 15.00.25 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

4. samintz

samintz Scott Mintz

Dan, you are almost 10 builds behind. Current release is build 34. Try the update and see if that fixes it.

5. mathewsdw

Scott, that's a good idea and I'm so far behind because I move so glacially and it hasn't exactly been a real high priority. But I will do it pretty much right away. However, Rex suggested that it wasn't a TCC problem in the first place.

- Dan

6. Steve Fabian

There have been several issues fixed in the builds after 25...

7. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Even if it's not a Take Command issue, we cannot begin to debug it unless you're running the current version.

8. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Was this, perhaps, immediately after booting up and logging in? While various processes are still starting, and the hard drive light is on continuously?

9. mathewsdw

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this, Charles, but no. It has absolutely nothing to do with (re-)booting (I can go weeks without rebooting), and as for as the hard drive light goes, the hard drive in this machine seems to be quite slow but I don't think it's any slower (or the hard drive light is on) any more that usual. However, I haven't had the problem re-occur for a couple of days now so what was mostly a non-issue seems to now be completely a non-issue.