Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A real oddity but not a real problem...

May
In the last three days I've gotten the a message box (whose image I can't manage to attach to this message for whatever reasons) three or four times when starting a Take Command instance. It says "A device attached to the system is not functioning. "AttachConsole". However, starting it again resolved the problem.

Dan, you are almost 10 builds behind. Current release is build 34. Try the update and see if that fixes it.

Scott, that's a good idea and I'm so far behind because I move so glacially and it hasn't exactly been a real high priority. But I will do it pretty much right away. However, Rex suggested that it wasn't a TCC problem in the first place.

- Dan

Scott, that's a good idea and I'm so far behind because I move so glacially and it hasn't exactly been a real high priority. But I will do it pretty much right away. However, Rex suggested that it wasn't a TCC problem in the first place.

Even if it's not a Take Command issue, we cannot begin to debug it unless you're running the current version.

In the last three days I've gotten the a message box (whose image I can't manage to attach to this message for whatever reasons) three or four times when starting a Take Command instance. It says "A device attached to the system is not functioning. "AttachConsole". However, starting it again resolved the problem.

Was this, perhaps, immediately after booting up and logging in? While various processes are still starting, and the hard drive light is on continuously?

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this, Charles, but no. It has absolutely nothing to do with (re-)booting (I can go weeks without rebooting), and as for as the hard drive light goes, the hard drive in this machine seems to be quite slow but I don't think it's any slower (or the hard drive light is on) any more that usual. However, I haven't had the problem re-occur for a couple of days now so what was mostly a non-issue seems to now be completely a non-issue.