Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alias in batch file

TCC v16

If a batch file has:

echo 1
svn status
echo 2

and I run the batch file, then I see "1", followed by the "svn status" output, followed by the "2".

But if "svn" is an alias, then running the batch file results in "1", followed by the "svn status" output. And then
a TCC prompt. I have to use "exit" and then I see "2" and my TCC prompt.

Why is an alias in a batch file causing a second TCC shell to be started - and not exit? Is there a workaround?

Scratch that - the issue isn't TCC but svn (I recently switched from svn 1.5 to 1.7 and the behavior of "svn diff --diff-cmd" is different with 1.7; it seems the /c isn't being passed along to the diff program).

Is there any way to for TCC to dump the args it was started with?

TASKLIST /L will show you the running processes and their command lines.

You can use the TCC name to filter the output: TASKLIST /L TCC

Or use FIND or FFIND to locate a specific PID. E.g. TASKLIST /L TCC|find "%_PID*"

Scratch that - the issue isn't TCC but svn (I recently switched from svn 1.5 to 1.7 and the behavior of "svn diff --diff-cmd" is different with 1.7; it seems the /c isn't being passed along to the diff program).

Is there any way to for TCC to dump the args it was started with?
Try this out.
Code:
C:\JPSoft>test1.btm parm1 parm2 "parm 03" parm04

the entire command line is: test1.btm parm1 parm2 "parm 03" parm04

the command entered is: test1.btm

The number of arguments is: 4

Command tail/arguments is : parm1 parm2 "parm 03" parm04

Shifting 1 argument eliminating original argument #1 -- parm1

shift

Command tail is now: parm2 "parm 03" parm04

Original Unmodified Command tail/arguments is : parm1 parm2 "parm 03" parm04
I'm not clear on what you want to do with the args, but test1.btm should give you some ideas.
Here is a link to the Take Command / TCC help V20.10 online help for batch file parameters
[title]

Attachments

• test1.btm
    377 bytes · Views: 212