Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anomalies

Mar
I've been noticing a number of strange things lately:
  1. TCC IDE frequently crashes with a Microsoft C++ runtime error.
  2. TCC IDE sometimes doesn't stop at my breakpoints. When it happens, TCC IDE does not stop at any breakpoints.
  3. TCC IDE often does not show the correct set of batch parameters. I find that handy to follow the flow of an executing program.
  4. TCC IDE often forgets breakpoints and watched variables. Sometimes they are not remembered at all.
  5. It hasn't been happening since I got the latest version, but I used to occasionally have TCC IDE start a program with a completely black window.
  6. Legal constructs will suddenly stop working in a particular piece of code. The most vivid one in my memory is when Shift stopped working completely. None of my tweaking worked so I did a workaround storing the parameters into variables.

That's all I can remember right now.

Legal constructs will suddenly stop working in a particular piece of code. The most vivid one in my memory is when Shift stopped working completely. None of my tweaking worked so I did a workaround storing the parameters into variables.
If you can reduce it to a short batch file which demonstrates this behavior, please post it here.

We need more info than that:

1) What version of TCC are you running?
2) What version of Windows are you running?
3) What are the Microsoft C++ runtime error details?
4) Do you have a reproducible failcase for any of those issues?
5) Try it without your TCMD.INI.
6) I suspect you have one or more third-party apps injecting dll's into TCC; try disabling other apps and see if you can isolate the problem.
7) If TCC / IDE crashes in their own code, they will generate an exception log (for example, TCC.exception.log). If you have that file, please send it to [email protected]. If you don't have that file, then the crash was in third-party code.

And the exception file/s will be in "C:\ProgramData\JP Software\Take Command 24"

Back