Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Appearance of "::" in IDE

May
Why, in IDE, does "::" look like a pair of italicized semicolons? That is, the two dots that comprise the symbol are not the same.
I don't really care if it's green and italicized, but couldn't it look like (um) a colon?

Why, in IDE, does "::" look like a pair of italicized semicolons? That is, the two dots that comprise the symbol are not the same.
I don't really care if it's green and italicized, but couldn't it look like (um) a colon?

It looks better with another font.

> ---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
> Why, in IDE, does "::" look like a pair of italicized semicolons? That
> is, the two dots that comprise the symbol are not the same.
> I don't really care if it's green and italicized, but couldn't it look
> like (um) a colon?
> ---End Quote---
> It looks better with another font.

Not reproducible here. What font are you using?

(Note that the color & italicization is a function of your schema, in this
case _bat.schclass, so if you don't like it you can redefine it.)

Rex Conn
JP Software

Re: Appearance of "::" in IDE

Why, in IDE, does "::" look like a pair of italicized semicolons? That is, the two dots that comprise the symbol are not the same. I don't really care if it's green and italicized, but couldn't it look like (um) a colon?

Because comments in general are green and italicized, and many people use a double colon to introduce a comment.

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:15:06 -0600, Charles Dye <> wrote:

|Because comments in general are green and italicized, and many people use a double colon to introduce a comment.

I know that. I was using Times
--
- Vince

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:15:06 -0600, Charles Dye <> wrote:

|Because comments in general are green and italicized, and many people use a double colon to introduce a comment.

I know that. I was using Times New Roman, and with that font, an italicized
colon looks like a semicolon.
--
- Vince

Re: Appearance of &quot;::&quot; in IDE

I know that. I was using Times New Roman, and with that font, an italicized colon looks like a semicolon.

Sorry. I should have done a better job of reading, instead of answering a question you didn't ask.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

If I remember correctly, a double colon :: introduces a regex in some
contexts.

I could never remember in which contexts this is true, though

Charles Dye wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
> Why, in IDE, does "::" look like a pair of italicized semicolons? That is, the two dots that comprise the symbol are not the same. I don't really care if it's green and italicized, but couldn't it look like (um) a colon?
> ---End Quote---
> Because comments in general are green and italicized, and many people use a double colon to introduce a comment.
>
>
>
>
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAks6xPQACgkQVRqaVGo2lhybVACg0zHNBohhBFui6Fal3tme8Us5
EaUAn3cCOUJJ0bvpnQScx3h1jqFWfA+n
=qpHb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Re: Appearance of &quot;::&quot; in IDE

If I remember correctly, a double colon :: introduces a regex in some contexts.

You're right. It might make more sense to catch the double colon only at the start of a line. If you like, you can do this by changing line 160 of _bat.schclass from

Code:
previous:tag = @eol, ' ', '\t'

to

Code:
previous:tag = @eol