Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Associating BTM files with IDE results in DOS box

I think of output-only programs as having a one-way interface. AFAIK in any version of WindowsNT+ every window is inherently a two-way interface, but the application using it need not accept input through the window.
---------
HELP explicitly states that
1/ the BDEBUGGER command is for editing and debugging TCC programs (batch files), and
2/ the IDE command is for editing text files, with special features for certain scripting languages.
As my previous post stated, IMHO the IDE comand does not require a text window per se just for editing. However, the TCC implementation - possibly due solely to Windows API limitations - may require the use of such a window. It would not bother me the least.

To me it is more bothersome that arrays are not inherited in the TCC instance which BDEBUGGER starts. I would like to see a clear list of which TCC features are and which are not inherited: arrays, binary buffers, open file handles, open XML, etc.

I think of output-only programs as having a one-way interface. AFAIK in any version of WindowsNT+ every window is inherently a two-way interface, but the application using it need not accept input through the window.
---------
HELP explicitly states that
1/ the BDEBUGGER command is for editing and debugging TCC programs (batch files), and
2/ the IDE command is for editing text files, with special features for certain scripting languages.
As my previous post stated, IMHO the IDE comand does not require a text window per se just for editing. However, the TCC implementation - possibly due solely to Windows API limitations - may require the use of such a window. It would not bother me the least.

To me it is more bothersome that arrays are not inherited in the TCC instance which BDEBUGGER starts. I would like to see a clear list of which TCC features are and which are not inherited: arrays, binary buffers, open file handles, open XML, etc.

None of the above (only the environment). The point is to provide an IDE that behaves the same every time (and on every machine).

Hmmm! I got (directly) here (second page, last three posts) by clicking the blue dot in the forum's "What's new" view.
... with FireFox.