Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Automatic command timer

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
I found a new use for the keystroke hook. Would anyone have a use for an automatic command timer?

Why not post it on our plugins page Charles?

It's on my plugins page. If you mean the one at jpsoft.com, I don't have access to that. (I'm not really an employee, whatever this forum tells you; just a happy user.)

The plugins page at JPSoft has many links that point directly to sources of plugins, including some of yours, Charles D. Since you have such a nice page of your own (prospero.unm.edu/plugins/) it would seem appropriate that JPSoft have a link to it. I imagine Rex would add a link if you asked nicely.

@CharlesD - any chance you could add a FTP file that would have a line for each plugin, comma separated, and would have the plugin version, date of plugin on ftp site, and some SHA or CRC to validate a download?

@CharlesD - any chance you could add a FTP file that would have a line for each plugin, comma separated, and would have the plugin version, date of plugin on ftp site, and some SHA or CRC to validate a download?

There's a file version.txt that should give you most of that. Despite the filename, it's structured as an .INI file; if you download it, you can parse it with @INIREAD.

@charlesd it would be prospero.unm.edu/plugins/version.txt ?

@charlesd it would be prospero.unm.edu/plugins/version.txt ?

You can get it via HTTP or FTP:
prospero.unm.edu/dl/version.txt
prospero.unm.edu/version.txt

[edit] ... allowing for XenForo's mangling of FTP links, of course.

@CharlesD - good format for version.txt; However if I can make a useful suggestion please. Have a [Main] section that would also have NumItems= number of plugins, then from 0-NumItems= each plugin listed below, already.

that way if you add a plugin - it would be very easy to parse the TXT and download a copy.....

The Other C..... (LOL)

@CharlesD - Another useful thing might be to add to the [Main] section a MostRecentUpoload=YYYYMMDDHHMMSS that would be the date/time string of the most recent plugin upload, so the user could check that and maybe not need to check the other date/time fields for the plugins

Looks like non of my suggestions have been done to the TXT file. I thought they were good?

Looks like non of my suggestions have been done to the TXT file. I thought they were good?

*shrug* Not really a priority for me, I guess. Aside from the version numbers, the text file just replicates the same info you'd get from a DIR command.

Back