Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b25 Good News

May
It seems this is the first time the installation routine left my separately installed Everything alone and running...

Nice work!

This is not true for me.

Here are the steps that I follow:

1. Before installing Take Command v20.00.25, I close Everything (version 1.4.1.782b (x64)).
2. Then I install Take Command, leaving the "Install Everything Search service (recommended)" option checked.
3. After selecting "Run Take Command 20.0", an older version of Everything is running (version 1.4.0.713b (x64)).
4. When exiting this version of Everything and starting up my previously installed version of Everything, I get a dialog like the one attached.

After this I get a User Account Control dialog whenever I start Everything (the version that I had installed before installing Take Command). This did not happen before I installed Take Command.

If I re-install Everything version 1.4.1.782b (x64), then it works again as before installing Take Command.

Attachments

• Everything.png
    Everything.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 179
Could be a conflict with your "manually updated" Everything and the in TC integrated Everything ...

This would be mean also: TC should be updated with actual Everything beta (v1.4.1.782b).

Hallo SiggyBar

how did you start your Everything originally? As a service? Manually after Windows start or automatically as a scheduled task with admin rights?

You'd have to restart Everything service, not the Executable, or the scheduled task, not to get that box.

You could put a shortcut to the scheduled task somewhere and use that to start Everything. That should avoid the UAC prompt.

When I re-install Everything version 1.4.1.782b after installing TCMD, then there is not UAC dialog anymore. So this is not a big issue.

I know installing the everything again fixed it. However what about the installer searching "Programs and Features" and if everything is not found - then install as usual, if it is - then ask if TCMD's version should be installed?

Back