Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Baffling Behavior With TPIPE

Jun
I am running a TPIPE command with the following argument that attempts to replace the text "{{4}}" in a file with an email address:

/replace=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,{{4}},[email protected]

The email address comes out "name.com". It is as if "@domain" is being treated as a function that returns nothing. Can someone explain what is happening and why -- and how I can get this to work.

-- Jay Sage

Doubling the '@' works. I'm not sure why it's necessary.

Code:
v:\> echo {{4}} | tpipe /replace=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,{{4}},name@@domain.com
[email protected]

In the meantime, by trial and error, I also discovered that doubling '@' solves the problem. However, my file contains replacement strings with '@', and it's non-trivial to edit the file.

Any idea how to turn off the processing of macros?

This all arose because of an issue with my MAILMERGE.BTM program, which generates customized batches of messages using SENDHTML and TPIPE. I had never before tried to merge an email address, and the program choked. I've now added extra code in the program to double any '@' characters in a token. That seems to have solved the problem (but who knows what others it might end up creating -- it would still be better if I could turn off macros in TPIPE).