Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? bdebugger / breakpoints

Aug
On my pc (TCC 14.03.53 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]) the bdebugger doesn't stop at the breakpoints.
I already tried it a while ago and had no luck, but today I would really be happy to get it working.
I have a simple example (breakpoint.btm):
@cls
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time
@echo %_time

I load it into bdebugger with >bdebugger breakpoint.btm
I goto line 2 and switch a breakpoint on with the hand-symbol (similar to :stop: )
Same for line 4, 6 etc.
Now I start it with the green triangle and click the green arrow "run to breakpoint or end".
I'd expect that the processing stops at the breakpoints, but it rages to the end.
17:28:27

What is going wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean by the "hand-symbol". To set a breakpoint I simply click the gray vertical bar to the left of the break line and a red bullet appears. You can also select View>Breakpoints and double-check that the breakpoints you set are really there.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "hand-symbol". To set a breakpoint I simply click the gray vertical bar to the left of the break line and a red bullet appears. You can also select View>Breakpoints and double-check that the breakpoints you set are really there.
The hand symbol is on a toolbar button.

The behavior of the breakpoints is actually different.
  • If I create them with a click on the left side, it is working as expected.

• If I create them with the hand symbol,
    they change from filled red dot to a white dot with a red border
    just at the moment I start debugging. When I continue with "run to breakpoint or end" the debugger doesn't stop.

sorry, I saw Vince's post too late. Ignore my reply.