Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Better update information

Jul
I love the update capability in Take Command. It felt to me like Take Command 9 had not noticed any new updates in a very long time. When I request an update check, the message says "your software is up to date". Well, it is not up to date; Version 10 is out.

It would be nice if I had been told this. I was not aware that version 10 was released until I checked the web site.

One other thing that would be nice, but likely not practical: Have update warn me before my support contract expires, or include a message regarding the state of my support contract. Pie in the sky, low priority, I know.

Andrew Pitonyak

pitonyak wrote:

> I love the update capability in Take Command. It felt to me like Take Command 9 had not noticed any new updates in a very long time. When I request an update check, the message says "your software is up to date". Well, it is not up to date; Version 10 is out.
>
> It would be nice if I had been told this. I was not aware that version 10 was released until I checked the web site.

This is deliberate -- v9 will continue to have (minor) updates; if v10
overrode the v9 updates all v9 users would either be forced to upgrade
to v10, or to stay at their fixed v9 version with no hope of updates.

> One other thing that would be nice, but likely not practical: Have update warn me before my support contract expires, or include a message regarding the state of my support contract. Pie in the sky, low priority, I know.

That would be nice, but unlikely anytime soon!

Rex Conn
JP Software