Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Both IFTP problems remain in build 50

I'm not reluctant to test it; there's no point in testing it because I already know it won't work. My router firewall won't let active ftp through.
Then, if it's broken (as it appears to be), you have the perfect excuse for not fixing it ... "Not reproducible here". :-)

Rex, I think you mentioned that COPY with a URL and COPY with IFTP used the same code. I believe that, but there must be some difference that makes the two behave differently (with active FTP). Below, COPY with IFTP fails to get all of one file and fails to get another altogether.
Code:
v:\> option PassiveFTP
PassiveFTP=No

v:\> del /q /e *.bin

v:\> copy /q /e "ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins/test/10.bin;16.bin;18.bin"

v:\> d *.bin
2014-06-04  21:52  1,024  10.bin
2014-06-04  21:52  65,536  16.bin
2014-06-04  21:52  262,144  18.bin

v:\> del /q /e *.bin

v:\> iftp "ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins/test"

v:\> copy /q /e "ftp:10.bin;16.bin;18.bin"
TCC: FTP protocol error: 426 Data connection unexpectedly closed, file transfer
/4plugins/test/18.bin aborted by client. "/4plugins/test/18.bin"

v:\> d *.bin
2014-06-04  21:52  1,024  10.bin
2014-06-04  21:52  1,460  16.bin

v:\> iftp /c

With passive FTP turned off, I cannot copy the files from Vince's server or or my own. With TCC version 15, the copy is successful with passive FTP turned off.

Thanks for testing, Jay. I saw the logs of your tests a few minutes afterward (and eagerly awaited your post, not wanting to scoop you). :-)
Apparently the problems you had were the same as mine. I can post server logs, but the errors have been posted ad nauseum already.

My original post had a typo; it should have read: With passive FTP turned off, I cannot copy the files from Vince's server or FROM my own. Just in case the problem was with Vince's server, I created a directory on my server, copied all the files to it, turned off passive FTP, and then tried downloading them. The attempted copy failed even worse in that case.

So it does appear that something changed between version 15 and version 16. Unless being able to copy in active FTP mode was a bug previously (and apparently with other FTP software), something seems to be wrong in the new version in TCC.