Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bug in Windows 10, when adding symbol to task bar

I launch TCC 18.00.34.
I get a symbol on the taskbar.
Now I click right on the icon and select "Pin to taskbar" (don't know the exact word, because I use a german version).
Now I get a second symbol of TCC on the taskbar.
If I close the program a single icon ramin on the task bar.
If I start TCC again, I again get two icons.

TCC.PNG

Interesting is, TCMD is the one and only (from about 10 others, included manually added), which is not correct ... (I believe we had a similar posting before somewhere here). What is here different?

Interesting is, TCMD is the one and only (from about 10 others, included manually added), which is not correct ... (I believe we had a similar posting before somewhere here). What is here different?

If you Google the problem, you'll find lots of other apps with the same issue. This is being done entirely by Windows; there is no code in TCMD to even recognize that this has happened, much less to do anything about it.

Indeed, it's easy to find other gripes about the same problem. In this thread

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7157314

a user offers a fix (for iTunes). The fix involves orerwriting an iTunes shortcut in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar with one downloaded from the thread. But the author doesn't say what the replacement shortcut actually does. At least in the case of iTunes, the desired behavior is achievable, but getting it is a little mysterious

@rconn
Yes, you're right. I have checked out now, and it exist others too with this problem! That's really weird.

@vefatica
I have read it, that's really (a bit) mysterious.

Thank you!

I have read that setting compatibility mode to "Vista" cures this problem for other apps. I don't have Windows 10 so I can't test it.

I have also read (no notion of reliability)
This is a Windows 10 shell bug. Calling SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID seems to be the cause. (And we need to call that to enable jumplists.)