Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bug launching external commands in 20.11.43

Sep
External commands which were previously displayed in the current tab are now launching standalone TCC windows.

upload_2017-3-7_0-55-51.png

I get the same with windows 7 32b, tcc 20.11.43

Also, it was very difficult to roll back to an earlier version. b40 was the last successful one, but the install tape i have is 32.

Last edited:
I launch these from tcc.exe running by itself. (no tc shell, windows 6.1.7601 32b tcc 20.11.43 ),

es (everything command line utility)
fcw (file commander / windows, brian havard)

That's when i realised there was a serious bug here.

I run es and fcw from a tcc.exe prompt, not in a Take Command tab.

The programs run just fine under 4nt 8.01 and cmd.exe, and tcc.exe b40, but b43 started sending these to a separate window.

es does the same thing as the TCC command everything, and FCW is a kind of norton-commander clone for the windows console.

The utilities are all set in my pathed utilities directory d:\newin\exe. They are the real files, not links.

4nt and tcc both are started with modified copies of the windows 'write' utility, but the same effect is seen if you run the stuff from fcw in the tcmd20 directory (ie starting tcc.exe from fcw).

I've never run lnk files from the command prompt.

I can't say whether it's all apps, but it's true of the ones I tried last night (I've since downgraded to .40).

I first noticed it running hg.exe from TortoiseHg, then tried unzip (from Info-Zip, not the builtin) and ncftp, then decided to downgrade.

Could the workarounds for Windows 8 & 10 bugs added to .43 be misbehaving on Windows 7?

I can't say whether it's all apps, but it's true of the ones I tried last night (I've since downgraded to .40).

I first noticed it running hg.exe from TortoiseHg, then tried unzip (from Info-Zip, not the builtin) and ncftp, then decided to downgrade.

Could the workarounds for Windows 8 & 10 bugs added to .43 be misbehaving on Windows 7?

There does seem to be a (sporadic) Windows 7 bug when using one of the new CreateProcess options. Still trying to pin it down.

I've uploaded 20.11.44, which reverts one fix for a Windows 8 bug (closing TCC hanging after starting a GUI app) which exposed a Windows 7 bug.
Works for me, thanks Rex. I don't envy you having to support this many Windows versions.
(There's more people using Windows 8 than 7!)
Yuck.