1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Button changes not saved

Discussion in 'Support' started by krischik, Sep 17, 2010.

1. krischik

Hi,

I have not made the effort and extracted the Icons from the 32bit exe files and changed to buttons. And then I noticed that the changes won't take effect.

Further investigation showed that only Button-Setup-Dialog accepted the change. That is: if you open the Dialog the change would show. But neither would the new Icon show beside the Button nor would the change be saved in the INI file.

Changing the INI file directly like in the good old days works. fine.

Martin

PS: Seeing that 12 is in beta test I wonder if I made a mistake. Maybe I should have stuck with 10 for now, skip 11 and go for 12 once available…

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

It's unclear to me exactly what you're referring to. If you're talking about the tabbed toolbar, then TCMD doesn't write it to the .INI file until you ask it to (right click on the toolbar, then select "Save to .INI").

3. krischik

You can't image how often I have lost my changes in the last days because of this inconstancy. All other changes are saved immediately and I got used to it. Only the tool-bar need an extra step. do you relay think anybody would ever change the tool-bar just for the current session?

Come on make it auto save just like the rest. Consistency rules in GUI design.

4. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, MANY users change the toolbar dynamically. Not just for the current session, but multiple times within the session (even using a toolbar button to change the toolbar).

5. ron

ron

Works like you'd expect in v13, finally.

6. ron

ron

Spoke too soon, it's only half implemented. Removing buttons or tabs still require that you manually "save to .INI".

Maybe that's a feature. Creating things is automatically saved. Destroying things require that you commit those changes.