1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I start TCC in full screen mode?

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishman@panix.com, Dec 21, 2015.

1. fishman@panix.com

I note that Windows has restored full screen mode i.e. Alt-Enter switches a command line console between a window and full screen mode. Is it possible to call TCC to start up in Full Screen mode?

2. TEA-Time

I didn't realize that! Apparently my Win8 machine doesn't support it, saying "This system does not support fullscreen mode", but it does work on my Win10 machine. My Win7 machine just ignores it altogether. Heh

Apparently M$ didn't think to put the option back into the properties of a command line program in the midst of their interface butchery, so try keystack alt-enter from within TCC.

3. Charles G

Won't "window max" work as well - in Win7 at least?

4. TEA-Time

Only if the buffer size is already set at least large enough to cover the whole screen.

5. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

There isn't any internal option or command in TCC to switch to full screen mode.

I'm baffled that MS chose to put it back in Windows 10. IMO it's completely useless; I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to do it.

6. vefatica

Nostalgia?

7. TEA-Time

At least on my Win10 machine that it works on, it's not the text mode that it used to be. It just fills up the screen without changing modes/resolutions, it's border-less and has a scroll bar because my buffer is taller than the screen.

8. mfarah

It would be if it were the actual text mode from long ago; this fullscreen mode is just more of the retrograde design the maoist designers at Microsoft imposed.

9. redwdc

If you create a .lnk (shortcut) and set "Run:" to Maximized it will run full screen.

#9 redwdc, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  10. TEA-Time

That's the same as the "window max" mentioned above in that it's dependent on the set buffer size. It doesn't do the pseudo "full screen" (borderless) that Win10 does with Alt+Enter.