Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

can't register TCC

May
I bought and installed today, was sent mail, with name and key, but registration does not seem to work
through several means I invoked the registration dialog, entered my info, it seems to hang for a while, does not really give an indication that anything occurred, then I can press OK button again, same result. if I push the cancel button, I will continue to the program, but I'm still in Trial mode...
what looks like a bogus key file does get generated.
when I try to look for an update that does seem to work.

E:\xrs1606>ver /r

TCC 19.10.51 x64 Windows 10 [Version 6.3.14347]
TCC Build 51 Windows 10 Build 14347

C:\ProgramData\JP Software>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is D4C6-D4EE

Directory of C:\ProgramData\JP Software

05/19/2016 05:11 PM <DIR> .
05/19/2016 05:11 PM <DIR> ..
05/19/2016 12:58 PM <DIR> Take Command x64 19.0
05/19/2016 05:12 PM 81 TakeCommand.19.0.key
1 File(s) 81 bytes
3 Dir(s) 53,222,248,448 bytes free

C:\ProgramData\JP Software>type TakeCommand.19.0.key
[Take Command v19.0 Registration]
Name=
Key=E9XC1-W1Q00-W1EP3-Q8B4S-3A9Q8TRNU

C:\ProgramData\JP Software>c:\Debuggers\windbg.exe "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD19_x64\tcmd.exe"

That key is an evaluation key, not a registered key.

Do you have a proxy server that might be blocking TCMD from accessing its registration server?
I figured that was the evaluation key, our lan settings are "Automatically detect settings" configured.
if you have another customer from Microsoft that has successfully done this whatever you told them will probably work for me as well.
PS TCC is really cool!

I figured that was the evaluation key, our lan settings are "Automatically detect settings" configured.
if you have another customer from Microsoft that has successfully done this whatever you told them will probably work for me as well.
PS TCC is really cool!

John, not much help, but I'm having problems getting 19.10 registered here from SVC Corpnet as well, but with my "work" key that worked 100% fine previously. Registering my home machine on home network (with home key) works fine as well.

Rex, are the network requirements for registration posted anywhere? It's odd that I have no difficulties with other pkgs' registrations here, solely TCmd has this kind of issue.

Okay, I think I've convinced myself the problem isn't on our end. I was (finally) able to register a few mins ago (but wasn't as of ~3p-5p PDT here), and watching what occurred, I saw nothing remotely "interesting" of the sort that our IT firewall would block (or even care notice).

John, you might want to reboot at least once after TCmd install, then try again?

Rex, any chance you discovered a server needed to be rebooted this afternoon/evening or anything like that?

BTW: I had also connection problems to the forum server here, I believe yesterday AND for sure today. Could be related - I don't know ... just for information ...

I had problems a few hours ago with connecting with the forums.....

BTW: I had also connection problems to the forum server here, I believe yesterday AND for sure today. Could be related - I don't know ... just for information ...

I had problems a few hours ago with connecting with the forums.....

Guys, problems connecting with these forums appear completely unrelated to the registration problem we've encountered. If you're trying to solve a forum connection issue, please start a new thread about your forum connection problem.

Guys, problems connecting with these forums appear completely unrelated to the registration problem we've encountered. If you're trying to solve a forum connection issue, please start a new thread about your forum connection problem.
I thought because your ...
"(but wasn't as of ~3p-5p PDT here)"
"Rex, any chance you discovered a server needed to be rebooted this afternoon/evening or anything like that?"
it COULD be related ... because it could be exactly the time I had problems too ...

Because this, I made my posting and not to speak about forum problems HERE ;-)

So, WHY you are sure this is COMPLETELY unrelated, it needs connection too, or not?

PS: If I do not understand something (maybe because language problems on my side) then sorry in advance ...

So, WHY you are sure this is COMPLETELY unrelated, it needs connection too, or not?

Well, for starters, both John and I were posting to these forums during the period when registration wasn't working for either of us, so that's a pretty solid indicator the two aren't connected.