Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can't remove leading quote from a string

Jan
I am on Take Command v6.01, on XP SP3. My goal is to construct a string of the form "first last [<]email_addr[>]<EMAIL_ADDR><EMAIL_ADDRESS><EMAIL_ADDR>, " (without the quotes and without the []) from its elements on the clipboard. I have constructed the proper string using beginning and ending quotes (I could find no other way to do it). The quotes are embedded in the string.

But I cannot remove the leading quote (I have removed the trailing quote with @INSTR). I have tried: SETDOS; @REPLACE; @INSTR -- and failed.

I am on Take Command v6.01, on XP SP3. My goal is to construct a string of the form "first last [<]email_addr[>]<email_addr><email_address><email_addr>, " (without the quotes and without the []) from its elements on the clipboard. I have constructed the proper string using beginning and ending quotes (I could find no other way to do it). The quotes are embedded in the string.

But I cannot remove the leading quote (I have removed the trailing quote with @INSTR). I have tried: SETDOS; @REPLACE; @INSTR -- and failed.

Are the functions %@unquote[...] or %@unquotes[...] supported in version 6.01? If not, this might be an incentive to upgrade! (smile)

</email_addr></email_address></email_addr>