Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD CDD buglets

Jun
When CDD is behaving normally a window pops up and I select the directory.

However there are two alternate behaviours I wish you would cure it of.

1. popping the window up "cherry pit" style mostly offscreen where it is hard to drag it back down.

2. not popping up a window at all, or perhaps one totally off screen. If I hit enter I tend to get what I was after, but it is disconcerting. If this is what is supposed to happen when there is only one choice, there should be no pause, just get on with it. They way it works now, it leaves me fruitlessly searching for an occluded pop up

When CDD is behaving normally a window pops up and I select the directory.

However there are two alternate behaviours I wish you would cure it of.

1. popping the window up "cherry pit" style mostly offscreen where it is hard to drag it back down.

2. not popping up a window at all, or perhaps one totally off screen. If I hit enter I tend to get what I was after, but it is disconcerting. If this is what is supposed to happen when there is only one choice, there should be no pause, just get on with it. They way it works now, it leaves me fruitlessly searching for an occluded pop up

TCC never repositions the popup windows off the screen (or even partially off the screen). TCC always redisplays popup windows in their last location (and size), unless you're using the old row/column parameters in your TCMD.INI. (The row/column parameters were dropped back in v9, but TCC still supports them for people who haven't updated their .INI files in the last few years.)

Go to your TCMD.INI, and remove your CDDWinxxx (and PopupWinxxx) lines. TCC will revert to the default positions, and save all future positions in pixel coordinates.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:37:40 -0500, Roedy <> wrote:

|When CDD is behaving normally a window pops up and I select the directory.

How do you get CDD to create a pop-up window?

How do you get CDD to create a pop-up window?

Code:
cdd ?
You can also use cdd followed immediately by PageUp, although this method provides a directory history.

Joe

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:40:26 -0500, Joe Caverly <> wrote:

|---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
|How do you get CDD to create a pop-up window?
|---End Quote---
|
|Code:
|---------
|cdd ?
|---------

Is that documented anywhere?

As near as I can tell, the question mark is acting like a wildcard and
brings up the extended directory search dialog. Although I am getting
some rather odd results.

CDD ? returns a list of 2 entries.
CDD * returns a list of roughly 18 entries.
CDD *.* returns 18 entries also but different from the previous one.

So, I'm not sure how TCC is deciding what entries to put in the listbox.

-Scott

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:40:26 -0500, Joe Caverly <> wrote:

|---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
|How do you get CDD to create a pop-up window?
|---End Quote---
|
|Code:
|---------
|cdd ?
|---------

Is that documented anywhere?

> CDD ? returns a list of 2 entries.
> CDD * returns a list of roughly 18 entries.
> CDD *.* returns 18 entries also but different from the previous one.
>
> So, I'm not sure how TCC is deciding what entries to put in the listbox.

Depends on what your FuzzyCD setting is, and whether TCC is prefixing and/or
appending a *. See "Extended Directory Searches".

Not sure where it is in the help, but I have been using this since 4DOS days.

Joe
I just mention this because I find that a little bit odd becaue I thought that that was strictly a V13 behavior. (I am running V12 and it absolutely does not work - TCC: (Sys) The system cannot find the path specified. "?").

You have to enable it in OPTION / Command Line / Extended Directory Search.
Thank you Rex, I didn't know about that option (obviously) and since I at least remembered that one of the "big" changes in V13 was "popup" dialogs (which, as a user of this product for many years, I really don't need) for most commands I had just assumed that it was "new" behavior related to that...

Go to your TCMD.INI, and remove your CDDWinxxx (and PopupWinxxx) lines. TCC will revert to the default positions, and save all future positions in pixel coordinates.

I looked all over. no sign of a TCMD.INI. I know I used to have one some time ago, but I probably wiped it out at some point attempting a clean install to clear up some problem.

Perhaps you might consider rejecting goofy positions, such as 90% off screen as operator error or Windows gremlins. When they are nonsensical, reset to some default position near the center of the screen where user can easily grab it and move it where it is supposed to be. Ditto for a goofy size.