Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CDD /S bug

Jun
I just reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit, and installed TCC 12.11.74 x64

Now when I run:
cdd /S
or
cdd /U C:\

the TCC windows exits after a few seconds without error message without building the index.

I ran:

C:
dir /bs *.* >temp.txt

It similarly died.
Inside temp.txt I noticed
C:\Windows.old\Documents and Settings\Roedy\AppData\Local\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Corel
C:\Windows.old\Documents and Settings\Roedy\AppData\Local\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\ElevatedDiagnostics
C:\Windows.old\Documents and Settings\Roedy\AppData\Local\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Logishrd
C:\Windows.old\Documents and Settings\Roedy\AppData\Local\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Nero

Something strange is happening that is causing the recursion. I wonder if TCC should defend itself.

the TCC windows exits after a few seconds without error message without building the index.

I tried
TreeExclude=C:\Windows;C:\Windows.old
to no avail.

I pruned out nearly everything in windows.old and it worked. Oddly, when I viewed with explorer, I saw nothing that looked responsible for the recursion.

I wonder if TCC should defend itself
I've no idea how difficult it would be to code, but I'd like to see TCC spot the circular reference, issue an error and unravel the recursion rather than simply running until it crashes.

I saw nothing that looked responsible for the recursion
By default the Documents and Settings/Users structure contains at least two circular references, which you are only protected from by the security ACLs on the filesystem. Once you copy the whole structure then that protection disappears.