Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Change value of a variable while debugging

Oct
Hi,

I'm new in Take Command and just evaluating the IDE with some batch files I needed to maintain. The debugging option in the IDE is excellent, but I cannot find any way to change the value of a certain variable while debugging the execution.

At first I tried to change the value in the watch window, but the value column is read only. The evaluate expression window also is not useful because the results on it, does'nt applies outside. And also, the code window becomes read only so I cannot change anything test different scenarios without stopping the execution, editing the code, saving changes and running all again.

If there is any way and I missed it, please point me to it (and sorry!).
If not, I think it would be great to have this feature in future versions.

Thanks you!

You can change it in the "Environment" tab and pres the "Reset" toolbar button. Then it shows up as changed in the "Watch" tab.

You can change it in the "Environment" tab and pres the "Reset" toolbar button. Then it shows up as changed in the "Watch" tab.
Thanks you very much! Just tried and working OK! :)

Except with arguments like %1, %2, ..., %n: with those, the changes seems to apply (in the "modified" tab I can see them) but in the watch tab and while debugging they are not (maybe are read only?). Anyway it does'nt worries me because It's not usual needing to change those, so I'm telling it because I just found it.