Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Changing Forum LOGIN

May
I recently changed my download email address, worked seamlessly. However, there seems to be no method to change the "username". I wanted to change my name to be "accent free". Is the only method to unsubscribe, and resubscribe? That would leave me open to missing emails.

Why is the "Feedback Forum" not like the other forum groups, which automatically send each new post to the mail server of those users who do not want to spend their time browsing to find out which newsgroup has something new? I prefer home delivery instead of requiring me to travel to the post office every few minutes to check whether or not there is anything new in my post office box!
--
Steve

I recently changed my download email address, worked seamlessly. However, there seems to be no method to change the "username". I wanted to change my name to be "accent free". Is the only method to unsubscribe, and resubscribe? That would leave me open to missing emails.

WAD -- users cannot change their usernames. (This would be a Very Bad Thing from an Admin perspective!)

Administrators *can* change usernames; I've changed yours to remove the accents.

Why is the "Feedback Forum" not like the other forum groups, which automatically send each new post to the mail server of those users who do not want to spend their time browsing to find out which newsgroup has something new?

Because it's a different forum, using different software, on a different server. However, if you try it you'll find that you can subscribe to it and get emails of every new post.

---- Original Message ----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, 2011. February 8. 12:54
Subject: RE: [Support-t-2594] Re: Changing Forum LOGIN

| Quote:
| Originally Posted by Steve F�bi�n
|| I recently changed my download email address, worked seamlessly.
|| However, there seems to be no method to change the "username". I
|| wanted to change my name to be "accent free". Is the only method to
|| unsubscribe, and resubscribe? That would leave me open to missing
|| emails.
|
| WAD -- users cannot change their usernames. (This would be a Very Bad
| Thing from an Admin perspective!)
|
| Administrators *can* change usernames; I've changed yours to remove
| the accents.

Thanks! I wanted to do this solely because they are not displayed properly on many systems.
|
|
| Quote:
|| Why is the "Feedback Forum" not like the other forum groups, which
|| automatically send each new post to the mail server of those users
|| who do not want to spend their time browsing to find out which
|| newsgroup has something new?
|
| Because it's a different forum, using different software, on a
| different server. However, if you try it you'll find that you can
| subscribe to it and get emails of every new post.

I subscribed, but have not received a single post by email. Probably I failed to located the "right" control to achieve this goal. BTW, are previously submitted but not yet implemented suggestions eligible for "feedback" status?
--
Steve

---- Original Message ----
| Quote:
|| BTW, are previously submitted but not yet implemented suggestions
|| eligible for "feedback" status?
|
| I don't understand the question -- can you expand a bit?

I (as well as many others) made suggestions time to time that had not been implemented. Can such suggestions be submitted as if they were new via "Feedback"?

I noticed at least one suggestion I made in the past had already been submitted by someone else via "Feedback": to make the ordering specified in the /O: option of the PDIR command (and others when applicable) over ALL directory entries reported, instead of separately subsorting the entries from each subdirectory.

BTW, what do I need to do to:
1/ read the Feedback forum by email
2/ submit entries to the Feedback forum by email
--
Steve