Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Close button on tabs

May
What am I missing?
No matter what setting I have this on I get a close button on the active tab and mouse-over tabs.

I think that option is only read at startup. If you change it, you have to exit and restart Take Command before you see a difference.

OK!
I had just about given up and decided to ignore the problem, in fact I thought I had posted a reply to that effect.
Then I found the the solution (of sorts).
I now have it working the way I wanted ... BUT I had to switch to a different theme (I was using VS2010)!
I switched back to VS2010 and all is still OK.

I am not sure of the exact sequence and steps required. I tried reproducing and sometimes it was OK sometimes not.
I was not too careful of noting my steps exactly.

Anyway it seems related to use of the VS2010 theme, or possibly just switching themes helped.

I hope this is of use.
Anyway, I am satisfied for now.

OK!
I had just about given up and decided to ignore the problem, in fact I thought I had posted a reply to that effect.
Then I found the the solution (of sorts).
I now have it working the way I wanted ... BUT I had to switch to a different theme (I was using VS2010)!
I switched back to VS2010 and all is still OK.

I am not sure of the exact sequence and steps required. I tried reproducing and sometimes it was OK sometimes not.
I was not too careful of noting my steps exactly.

Anyway it seems related to use of the VS2010 theme, or possibly just switching themes helped.

I hope this is of use.
Anyway, I am satisfied for now.
More similar strange behaviour:

1. Switch theme from VS2010 to Office 2010
==> icons appear on all tabs
2. Switch to other themes
==> icons remain
3. Options Take Command / Tabs
==> Tab Icons check box is unchecked
4. Check then uncheck the checkbox (Apply) (even when in Office2010 theme)
==> icons disappear

There seems to be some "overflow" from the theme setting to other settings.
Hope this helps.