Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Color input line

Oct
Now retired, I used TC and TCC for many years at work, but not much lately. I just installed TCC/LE on Windows 10 and am foundering with a few simple things.

When I use the option command, the dialog comes up, but changes are not saved. At least, the change I'm trying to make -- making the input color yellow on black. Is that a limitation of LE, or have I overlooked something?

Thanks!

I seem to have resolved this. I added ErrorColors and InputColors directives to TCMD.INI. That worked, and for some reason, when I make changes, the changes now are saved. Puzzling, but I'm glad to get what I wanted.

HOWEVER, I wonder, is there is a list of INI directives anywhere? Searching the help, I found help on only those not controlled by the option command. But the other ones don't seem to be listed . . . or have I missed them?

On a semi-related note: Any chance of a new incarnation of the wiki?

@Joe Caverly - Thanks. Yes, that's the page that I mentioned. It talks around the Directives but doesn't actually describe any -- save the few that aren't covered by the option command.

I keep feeling I must have missed something, but if so, I still can't find it!

When you use the OPTION command, do you see in the title bar the INI file name you expect to see?

1603733187335.png

When you use the OPTION command, do you see in the title bar the INI file name you expect to see?

View attachment 3102

Yes, I do. It's funny . . . now that I've put InputColors and ErrorColors into the INI file manually, I can change the colors using options, and the changes stick. But until I did that, no luck.

It's fortunate I ran across an example in the help that showed use of InputColors; then I guessed (correctly) that ErrorColors would work, too.

Back