1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colors discovered

Discussion in 'Support' started by bravotango, Apr 30, 2011.

1. bravotango

I have never bothered with different colors in TCMD/TCC (or 4NT) but after installing XXCOPY I just loved the default colors in the XXConsole, gold text on cyan, actually a dark cyan (0,64,64).

So I checked out the manual and searched the forum and think I'm a full bottle on the color possibilities and limitations in TCMD/TCC now. Only small problem is that in TCMD it still all sits on a predominantly black window which is no big deal.

I bet you would like a dollar Rex for every time you have had to explain how to set up the background and foreground colors.

bravotango

2. bravotango

Must add a correction here. I found out how to change the color of the TCMD window. Options -> Configure Take Command -> Tabs -> Then adjust colors in Windows panel on right hand side.

3. Steve Pitts

I can't work out from your second post whether you are all sorted now, but if not:

Use the OPTION command in a TCC prompt, or get there via Options > Configure TCC..., and then use the settings in the Colors section of the Windows tab.

4. drrob1

drrob1 Guest

I use a color statement in my tcstart.bat file.
    color bright white on black

By my choice. I know abbreviations are allowed but I wouldn't remember
    them over time, so I don't use them.

On 04/30/2011 09:03 PM, bravotango wrote:

5. bravotango

All sorted out thanks. Just love Take Command more than ever now with all this color. It really makes working with XXCOPY so much nicer.