Command Link Buttons

Code:
ver

TCC  22.00.41 x64   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
According to the TASKDIALOG help;

/L Convert the buttons defined by /B into command links. A command link is a bigger button that has an icon and optionally a second smaller line of text. (To display a second line, append a ^n to the /B argument, followed by the text for the second line.)
I have tried the following;

Code:
@setlocal
@echo off
set title="Display A Second Line"
set instruction="Example:"
set text=To display a second line, append a ^n to the /B argument, followed by the text for the second line.
set b1="Button 1 ^n Second Line"
set b2="Button 2"
set b3="Button 3"

taskdialog /B"Button 1 ^n Second Line" /B"Button 2" /B"Button 3" /I /L /X %title %instruction %text

endlocal
which produces;

1527320830071.png

This is not producing command link buttons, which are bigger buttons that have an icon and optionally a second smaller line of text.

How do I produce command link buttons, which are bigger buttons that have an icon and optionally a second smaller line of text?

Joe

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
Use %@CHAR[10] instead of ^N. Escapes like ^N don't work between double quotes. %@CHAR[10] will work in other places too: radio button labels, the tick box label, the footer text.... (All of which are shown between quotes in the help page.)

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
On the subject of TASKDIALOG: Empty labels for /B or /R gork the dialog. It's an API bug, and a syntax error on the user's part. But it would be nice if TASKDIALOG caught the mistake and either (1) issued a meaningful error message, or (2) supplied a default label to avoid the issue.

Use %@CHAR[10] instead of ^N. Escapes like ^N don't work between double quotes. %@CHAR[10] will work in other places too: radio button labels, the tick box label, the footer text.... (All of which are shown between quotes in the help page.)
If I do the following;
Code:
taskdialog /B"Button 1 %@CHAR[10] Second Line" /B"Button 2" /B"Button 3" /I /L /X %title %instruction %text
...I get the second line of text. Thanks Charles!

1527353275057.png

However, is that second line of text really smaller than the first line? I was expecting something similar to the following;

1527353108061.png

Joe