Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? compatability with free d/load of TCC/LE

May
Are there any things that won't run if i write a TCC script in Take Comnmand V16 and the freely d/loadable version of TCC
At the moment i've dummed down my scripts to default cmd.exe compatable.
I'd like to distribute some of my scripts i've written in TakeCommand, i have many people that would run them but they don't want to or can't afford to purchase it. I was hoping that everything would be compatable with TCC/LE as i don't use and TCMD stuff in it (stuff that relates to the tack command UI)

If not are there plans of updating it.
if not what commands would i have to stay away from. its very depressing when i write a script only to have people tell me that its not working on their system, All I'd need is a short list of the commands / variables / functions , that aren't in the latest TCC/LE free download (i think it was V13..)

I hope you follow what i'm trying to ask and can help me out ;)

If you look here in the online help you'll find a table of the commands available in TCC/LE. If you restrict your scripts to those commands they should work fine in TCC/LE. If you plan to distribute the scripts to others to run in TCC/LE then I'd recommend getting a copy yourself (it's free after all) to test them before you distribute them.

hmm.. both versions are using the same .ini file and the new entries in it eg: LUA=Yes and MAILSSL=No, are stalling the startup of an tcc-le console with

Invalid item name "MAILSSL"
Press any key when ready...
Invalid item name "LUA"
Press any key when ready...

I'm opening tcc/le as a new console in takecommand v16 to test on earlier tcc/le

here are my buttons (copied out of tcmd.ini)
B1=260,C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe,PowerShell,PowerShell,,"C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" "%_TCLISTVIEW"
B2=260,C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell_ise.exe,PowerShell ISE,PowerShell ISE,,"C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell_ise.exe" "%_TCLISTVIEW"
B3=260,E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\tcc.exe,TCC,TCC,,"E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\tcc.exe" "%TC_LISTVIEW"
B4=256,E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64\tcc.exe,TCC/LE,TCC/LE,,"E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCCLE13x64\tcc.exe" "%_TCLISTVIEW"
B5=260,C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe,CMD,CMD,,"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" "%_TCLISTVIEW"
B6=260,E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\v.exe,View,View,,"E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\v.exe" "%_TCLISTVIEW"
B7=260,E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\ide.exe,TC IDE,TC IDE,,"E:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64\ide.exe" "%_TCLISTVIEW"
B8=260,E:\cygwin64\Cygwin.ico,Bash,Bash,,"E:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe" --login -i

Please use an .INI file for TCC/LE version 13. Any directives for later versions only, e.g., LUA, are likely to give error messages.

I DID .. when i installed tcc/le and ran it it was fine , then i ran takecommand v16, and it overwrote it

THEY ARE BOTH USING TCMD.INI IN MY USERS/APDATA/JPSOFT/ directory.

which is where both go to to read the TCMD.INI

takecommand v16 is my main, the tcc/le is only used for testing scripts that i distribute for the free version of tcc/le

(re-reading docs again to see if i can get them to use different TCMD.INI files.. this would solve my problem., eg: TCMD16.INI and TCMD13.INI but not sure it it works that way, so doing more reading and asking for help)

You can put the .INI file in the same directory where TCC.EXE lives. I suspect a lot of us do that.

You can explicitly specify the .INI file to use in the command line invoking TCMD or TCC or TCC/LE:
tcmd.exe /@path:\filename.ini
(or tcc.exe).

I have many different versions - for testing I can use any version since V5.