Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined CONTEXT: program that displays the context menu.

Not sure if this is a solution for you, but maybe SHELLEX from the SysUtils plugin...
Code:
SHELLEX

ShellExecute with registered or context menu verb

SHELLEX [/C] [/V verb] <file> [<arguments> [<directory>]]

/C          use context menu

/V verb     "print", "edit", "explore" et c.
              (with /C) "properties", "preview", et c.  Without "/V verb",
              the default verb is used if available, else "open" is used.

/D          (debug) show parameter parsing without executing

<arguments> and <directory> apply to launching executables

When appropriate, <file> may specify a URL, a directory or a drive

Quote parameters containing whitespace; escape necessary quotes as \"

Joe

It didn't like me. The file is there. Otherwise it would load special module. 4nt 8 didn't like it either.

Code:
[D:\]plugin /l d:\newin\tcmd22\PLUGINS\sysutils.dll
TCC: (Sys) The specified procedure could not be found.
 "d:\newin\tcmd22\PLUGINS\sysutils.dll"

[D:\]ver

TCC  24.00.24   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

It didn't like me. The file is there. Otherwise it would load special module. 4nt 8 didn't like it either.

Code:
[D:\]plugin /l d:\newin\tcmd22\PLUGINS\sysutils.dll
TCC: (Sys) The specified procedure could not be found.
"d:\newin\tcmd22\PLUGINS\sysutils.dll"

[D:\]ver

TCC  24.00.24   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

Here's the one I use with v22. It's the one not zipped and not in Plugins.

Public

Forget about 4NTv8. I don't think SHELLEX existed way back then.

Here's the one I use with v22. It's the one not zipped and it's not in Plugins.

Public

Forget about 4NTv8. I don't think SHELLEX existed way back then.
Hmmm! I wonder how the forum got the name "Public". I pasted the raw URL as text, selected it, pressed the link button, and pasted it again. I certainly didn't enter the word "Public".

Last edited:
Hmmm! I wonder how the forum got the name "Public". I pasted the raw URL as text, selected it, pressed the link button, and pasted it again. I certainly didn't enter the word "Public".
It pulls that from the actual page. It did that in my comment about the Total Commander plugin the other day, although I just pasted the link into the comment instead of using the Insert link button.

1545103982262.png

The later version is 121kb while the one i use is 69kb, from around 2009.

The latest one loads correctly, but the context does not seem to function in Windows 7

MadDog's context does function, but is slow, and waits for the application launched to close. Is this a concern

Code:
[D:\]shellex /c /d 48tetra.txt
Verb: [default]
File: 48tetra.txt
Args:
Dir:
Flag: context

Thanks.

The size difference is probably the move from Visual Studio 2008 to VS 2010.

While I know very little about C++, the source code for CmdUtils is available (included in the cmdutils.zip file), so maybe it could be modified to work better with Windows 7?

Joe

What exactly doesn't work? Here, I can get these to work on Win7: Properties, Open, Edit, Print

Wendy says it is the /C Context Flag;

See Post 8 above.

When I try shellex /C sysutils.txt on my Win7 64bit system, instead of the context menu, it opens the file in notepad.

Joe

Wendy says it is the /C Context Flag;

See Post 8 above.

When I try shellex /C sysutils.txt on my Win7 64bit system, instead of the context menu, it opens the file in notepad.

Joe
Isn't that what's expected? That's what I intended. I never wanted to display a menu or present the user with a choice.

With or without /c, if no "/v verb" is given, you'll get the default action. I'm not opening any interface to the context menu. I'm merely passing a flag to a function called ShellExecuteEx. About that flag, the docs say:
This flag allows applications to use ShellExecuteEx to invoke verbs from shortcut menu extensions instead of the static verbs listed in the registry.

If you are running at a command prompt, say inside FileCommander/2, it is easier to access the shell menu using a program like context, rather than to shuffle around the 'point and grunt' interface of explorer. This is useful if you don't know the specific verbs involved.

So for example, if i have several programs associated with bitmaps, i can run any one without having to remember the name. It's like a popup window for shellex.

The trouble with verb is is what is displayed in the menu, or the name of the branch in registry.

Back