Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

COPY /U with a FTP site....

Apr
Code:
copy /a: /e /f /g /md /nr /s /u /v /w "ftp://vefatica.net/*"    %sRootFldr%\vefatica.net\
Any way to provide a progress status?

The whole BTM could look like it's hung .....

When I use that command with only the destination changed ...

Code:
copy /a: /e /f /g /md /nr /s /u /v /w "ftp://vefatica.net/*" anon\

... I see the progress status for the one file that's big enough, a test file of 75,000,000 bytes. I'll leave it there for a while so you can test.

Don't you see the likes of this (indicating that the BTM isn't hung)?

Code:
ftp://vefatica.net/bigboy.bin => V:\anon\bigboy.bin

I made the file bigger (200,000,000 bytes) so I could capture the status report.

1644604256133.png

The first time I ran it there was a long delay between seeing Checking prospero.unm.edu... and seeing evidence of file transfer. The whole prospero thing took 7:19 and it downloaded everything. The second time I ran it, the prospero thing took 6:13 and it downloaded nothing (expected). The third time was like the second (6:13 again). In all cases the BTM choked when it got to the 7Z stuff.

I imagine prospero's upstream bandwidth is limited, or the FTP server limits per-connection transfer speed.

It doesn't look like there's anything wrong.

You might make a suggestion (suggestion forum) that TCC show messages like this.

Code:
ftp://prospero.unm.edu/tcmd/v8/version.txt ... up to date

The whole prospero thing took 7:19 and it downloaded everything. The second time I ran it, the prospero thing took 6:13 and it downloaded nothing (expected).
That seems a bit odd. It suggests that it's taking a lot of time ignoring src/* *.exe.

Maybe Charles Dye will chime in.

I realize there is nothing wrong with TCMD but I would just like more status messages. Was thinking for each FTP site -

dir /a:d ftp:whatever > %tmp%\whatever.lst
then check each folder - with the what is currently the BTM does..... but seems to be an easier way to get more status messages?

And yes I know TCMD/TCC comes with it's own 7z stuff - just prefer 7-zips.org stuff for that....

I get the impression that it's spending a lot of time recursing into subdirectories. Which is maybe not surprising; there are a lot of nested subdirectories on that site.

For best performance, remove the /S. Judging by your exclusions, I don't think you're interested in the stuff in the subdirectories anyway.

Or if you really want to recurse, change your exclusion range to /[! src/ tcmd/ tccle/ tccrt/ *.exe version.sav ] and remove the /F.

Posted a suggestion to

I realize there is nothing wrong with TCMD but I would just like more status messages. Was thinking for each FTP site -

dir /a:d ftp:whatever > %tmp%\whatever.lst
then check each folder - with the what is currently the BTM does..... but seems to be an easier way to get more status messages?
Heck! Make a complete list, with file names, and copy them one at a time. I doubt it would take significantly longer if you used IFTP. I haven't tested, but in a perfect world, _? will be zero if the file was copied and non-zero otherwise. If that's so, you could have a status report for every file.