Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crashes when using SFTP

Feb
Running TCC 12.01.44 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

I'm doing the following...

iftp sftp://user:[email protected]/
move /hz /s /e "sftp:/folder/*" C:\Drop\

TCC quickly exits with no error. I ran it under the debugger, and saw this in the log. The first line looks like it comes from TCC.

• Critical error detected c0000374
  • First chance exception 0x80000003 (Breakpoint) occurred in "c:\windows\system32\NTDLL.DLL" at address 0x00000000770E40BF by thread 1.
  • First chance exception 0xC0000374 (Unknown) occurred in "c:\windows\system32\NTDLL.DLL" at address 0x00000000770E40F2 by thread 1.
  • Second chance exception 0xC0000374 (Unknown) occurred in "c:\windows\system32\NTDLL.DLL" at address 0x00000000770E40F2 by thread 1.
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Running TCC 12.01.44 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

I'm doing the following...

iftp sftp://user:[email protected]/
move /hz /s /e "sftp:/folder/*" C:\Drop\

TCC quickly exits with no error. I ran it under the debugger, and saw this in the log. The first line looks like it comes from TCC.

Not reproducible here. I use SFTP multiple times each day to update the ftp and web sites, so I doubt there's a generic problem. (That trace appears to be inside the Windows CopyFile API -- Why do you think the first line is coming from TCC?)

When you say "quickly exits", do you mean it doesn't process any of the files, or it does some and then exits?

When TCC doesn't display an error & it exits, it means something else has usurped the exception handler and killed the process. (Usually that's Windows itself when a problem occurs in the kernel.)

By exiting quickly, I mean there is no crash dialog or anything that pops up (I've seen this in the past with 32-bit 4NT). The TCC console window just vanishes.

As for the line of output, it is coming from an OutputDebugString call from within the TCC process and not from the debugger. Obviously, this could be from a Windows DLL and not the main TCC exe.

From searching around, exception is 0xC0000374 is related to heap corruption.

Anyway, I can't get it to work, so I've moved onto to a scripting different tool to pull files down. I'm just throwing it our here in case others hit it. I can help debug if needed.

By exiting quickly, I mean there is no crash dialog or anything that pops up (I've seen this in the past with 32-bit 4NT). The TCC console window just vanishes.

As for the line of output, it is coming from an OutputDebugString call from within the TCC process and not from the debugger. Obviously, this could be from a Windows DLL and not the main TCC exe.

The OutputDebugString is definitely not coming from TCC.

If I can get (temporary) access to your SFTP server I'll try to trace this further. I'm unable to reproduce the problem on our server.

I looked into this some more and am finding the crash occurs when a directory contains a file name with 100 characters or longer. I did some tests doing a simple copy * from a sftp folder to my local machine. 99 character file names copy fine, but 100 character file names crash TCC.

I don't think it is our SFTP server since I use several other tools to fetch files without problems. I can PM you some credentials to our server if you need them. BTW, I am running TCC 12.10.58 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

I looked into this some more and am finding the crash occurs when a directory contains a file name with 100 characters or longer. I did some tests doing a simple copy * from a sftp folder to my local machine. 99 character file names copy fine, but 100 character file names crash TCC.

I don't think it is our SFTP server since I use several other tools to fetch files without problems. I can PM you some credentials to our server if you need them. BTW, I am running TCC 12.10.58 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

There isn't any 100-character filename restriction in TCC (though there is a 260-character max path length, including the filename).

If you can send me the login details ([email protected]) and the steps you take to generate the crash, I'll try to reproduce it here.

I sent you some credentials in email. It doesn't seem to be related to any 260 character limits. I've tried various folders on both sides, but it also happens just going from the root of my SFTP server to the root on my local C drive. Anyway, hope that helps.