dead keys beep in TCC

When typing a dead key, TCC beeps (both alone or in a TCMD tab). This does not happen in TCMD's Filter of Find combo box, nor in input field in the options. Somewhat annoying but not really a problem.

Dead keys are those keys that produce no character by themselves, but produce a character when typing an additional key. E.g. used to produce characters with accents. I am using a keyboard layout generated with MSKLC, but the beep also happens with the French keyboard layout (e.g. the circumflex-hax dead key is where the '[' opening square bracket is on the US layout, then you can press any vowel).

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
Christian Albaret wrote:

> When typing a dead key, TCC beeps (both alone or in a TCMD tab). This does not happen in TCMD's Filter of Find combo box, nor in input field in the options. Somewhat annoying but not really a problem.
>
> Dead keys are those keys that produce no character by themselves, but produce a character when typing an additional key. E.g. used to produce characters with accents. I am using a keyboard layout generated with MSKLC, but the beep also happens with the French keyboard layout (e.g. the circumflex-hax dead key is where the '[' opening square bracket is on the US layout, then you can press any vowel).

Not reproducible here using a French keyboard layout.

Anybody else able to reproduce this?

Rex Conn
JP Software

Oct 29, 2008
When typing a dead key, TCC beeps (both alone or in a TCMD tab). This does not happen in TCMD's Filter of Find combo box, nor in input field in the options. Somewhat annoying but not really a problem.

Dead keys are those keys that produce no character by themselves, but produce a character when typing an additional key. E.g. used to produce characters with accents. I am using a keyboard layout generated with MSKLC, but the beep also happens with the French keyboard layout (e.g. the circumflex-hax dead key is where the '[' opening square bracket is on the US layout, then you can press any vowel).

Not reproducible here using a French keyboard layout.

Anybody else able to reproduce this?

Rex Conn
JP Software
Yes, and it's a PC speaker beep, not the Windows default beep. Here is my manufactured layout (allows typing full iso-8859-1 or Windows-1252 code pages). This happens if I start TC with the standard layout and then switch with a hotkey or a restored language bar. I cannot switch keyboards in TC with the minimized language bar. I have not tried switching the default keyboard and restarting Windows.

Attachments

• US (Extended).zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 80