Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Debug without first saving to a file

Aug
In the VBSEdit.exe editor for VBScript, I can type lines of code into the editor, and can then single-step debug the code without first having to save it to a file on disk.

This is great when I just want to test some VBScript code, without creating a file.

1585325858114.png

Would it be possible to add this feature to CMDebug.exe/TCC Debugger?

That is, the ability to debug TCC code without first having to save it to a file on disk?

Joe

It actually does save it to a file. Here's the CSCRIPT.EXE command line when I just type some stuff in the editor and start debugging.

Code:
cscript.exe //U //D "C:\Users\vefatica\AppData\Local\Adersoft\VbsEdit\Temp\OCDEZEYU.vbs"

Hey @vefatica
You are correct, thanks for the info, as I learned something new.

So, maybe CMDebug.exe/TCC Debugger could also be made to do this.

Joe

Here is my solution to emulate the way VBSEdit starts, so that one can either type or paste code into the CMDebug editor/batch debugger, and start debugging, without first having to save the contents to a file;
Code:
@setlocal
@ECHO off
::
:: BTMEdit.btm
::
iff %# eq 0 then
  set tmpfile=%@UNIQUE[%temp%]
  set btmfile=%@REPLACE[.tmp,.btm,%tmpfile]
  ren /q %tmpfile %btmfile
  detach cmdebug %btmfile
::    *bdebugger %btmfile
else
  detach cmdebug %1 %2 %3
endiff
endlocal
Now I can just paste and go, without having to decide on a temporary file name, that I would just have to delete afterwards.

Joe

Back