Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Debugging Session Hang

Jun
I am debugging a series of batch files and I am a couple of levels deep in CALLs and I switch away to my editor (Notepad++) while on a break point and when I come back the stepping buttons are all greyed out. I can press the pause or stop button so if I press pause the step buttons become enable but pressing one does nothing. I have to shut down and restart the debugger.

BTW when this happens stopping the debug session and restarting it gives unpredictable results so I have to shut down the debugger.

Sorry I responded on the wrong thread. The problem was the delete command was using /q which is suppose to suppress the console question. If I turn on cmd syntax the problem goes away. It was hard to spot because I keep losing console output. The batch files will stop displaying on the screen so I did not see what is going on. I have added echo on but it does not help. I even ;loose output coming from the programs.
Also is there a way to have the debugger default to cmd syntax because It is a pain to keep setting it and sometimes I forget.

The console io problem is the batch file is doing a call with redirected output:

call foo.bat 1>io.txt 2>err.txt

Is there a way to redirect output to a file and still have it come out on the console? (I realize this is not a CMDebug quextion)

Another CMDebug/IDE question:

When I have a bat file call a bat file the calling bat file closes in the debugger when it calls into the call bat filke and then comes back with the called bat file returns. Is there a way tohave the calling bat file stay open?