Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Debugsession must not turn hidden objects on.

May
HI,

System is Windows 10, 64 bits, november 2015
TCC is version 19.02.39

Each time I start a debug session, all hidden files (not system) are made visible.

Any idea how to get rid of it?

H,
See picture below. I Use "Don't show hidden file, folders, or drives.
A session with BDEBUGGER switch that into "Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
This should not happen.

Image1.jpg

Indeed, when IDE starts,

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden

changes from 2 to 1. When IDE exits, it changes back. Using F5, you can see it in an Explorer window.

Even if you have the hidden Explorer setting, you see hidden files in IDE's File\Open dialog.

The IDE turns on "show extensions" and "show all objects" in the Windows shell, and resets them to their original values when it exits. This was requested by many users (and has behaved this way for 10+ years). You're the first user to request it be changed back -- you can submit a request to the feedback forum for an option to disable it.

OKAY: I was probably wrong: I see: the Advanced Options from TCMD affects the ...

ShowHiddenFiles=No

and NOT the ...

ShowSysFiles=No
ShowSuperHidden=No

... this was my problem - at least it seems so - I'll check it out and report here soon ...

EDIT: yes, I was confused with those different options! It works right! And yes, also here I need a restart of TCMD to see the effect in File Explorer from TCMD (nevertheless the option changes immediately)!

The IDE turns on "show extensions" and "show all objects" in the Windows shell, and resets them to their original values when it exits. This was requested by many users (and has behaved this way for 10+ years). You're the first user to request it be changed back -- you can submit a request to the feedback forum for an option to disable it.

Aha..
It seems I am not as decent as expected. Hidden files remain visible, because sometimes, I just click the windows close icon [X].
But thanks to vefatica for the registry entry I was searching for. Now, if hidden remains visible, I just click al small batch with a reg add command.

Thanks

Is there any chance to avoid this behaviour after close Icon [X]?
Here, there is no problem using the "X". It does reset "Don't show hidden ...". If you have an expolrer window open at the time, you must refresh it (F5) to see things become hidden again after X-ing BDEBUGGER.

Here, there is no problem using the "X". It does reset "Don't show hidden ...". If you have an expolrer window open at the time, you must refresh it (F5) to see things become hidden again after X-ing BDEBUGGER.
Ok, that's good news, thank you very much!

Back