Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Define alternate RGB values for all 16 colors

Jul
Hi,

when using cmd.exe I can override the usual ANSI colors with my own by adding 16 ColorXX keys at the HKCU\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe node in the Windows Registry. Is it also possible with TCC LE in a similar way?

What I am looking for is enabling the Solarized color pallete. Example color keys can be found at this GitHub issue.

Łukasz

Hi,

when using cmd.exe I can override the usual ANSI colors with my own by adding 16 ColorXX keys at the HKCU\Console\%SystemRoot%_system32_cmd.exe node in the Windows Registry. Is it also possible with TCC LE in a similar way?

It's the same mechanism; TCC/LE uses the same Windows console that CMD.EXE does. But, rather than hacking in the registry, it's probably easier to modify the shortcut that you use to start TCC/LE. Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties, then choose the colors tab. Click on each of the sixteen colors in turn, and set the Red, Green, and Blue values to be whatever you want. (Note that the dialog uses decimal numbers, not hex.) Click on OK when you're done.

You are right, it works now. I started with the registry because that way I can store the color scheme in Git (as an exported registry file).

Back