Delete multiple Alternate Datastreams

If you run a downloaded executable, you get a warning like this:

2016-12-30 17_55_59-Open File - Security Warning.png

Disable this warning by unchecking the "Always ask ..." checkbox .OR. ....
Unblock the file in the filemanager:

2016-12-30 17_57_14-tcclex64.exe Properties.png

OR (and that's the reason I ask): removing the Zone.Identifier alternate datastream like this:

Code:
del Kerstpuzzel+2016.pdf:Zone.Identifier
I have 2 download locations and (un) regularly remove all the Zone.Identifier filestreams.
This can be done with something like: for %var in (*) do del %var:Zone.Identifier

But this doesn't work:
Code:
del *:Zone.Identifier.
Anyone knows what's going on?

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
Two things going wrong here:

1) The Windows find files APIs don't support wildcard searches for matching stream names
2) But they won't even reach #1 because they think you're trying to specify a wildcard drive name

I might be able to kludge up some kind of support for this in TCC (at considerable effort), but nobody's ever asked for it.

Two things going wrong here:
[...]
I might be able to kludge up some kind of support for this in TCC (at considerable effort), but nobody's ever asked for it.
In that case: neither will I. It's just a little less intuitive, but the for-loop will suffice.

P.S. Now I feel really stupid: I tell "everyone" to read carefully what the error message *really* says, because most of the times that is half of the solution.
In this case the error message is:
Code:
TCC: (Sys) The system cannot find the drive specified.
 "*:"
I could/should have known. Please don't tell "everyone" :-)

BTW Regarding 1): the wildcard search isn't in the stream part, but in the filename part. Or is this the same to the API's?