1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop customization is ignored by v19

Discussion in 'Support' started by pizzaman, Dec 29, 2015.

1. pizzaman

v18 followed desktop personalization on Windows 10, but v19 does not. Instead I get the ugly Windows 10 default.

In addition, when the All Apps menu is populated, Take Command is applied twice - once in the tcmd folder and once alone. Only the standalone is displayed. desktop.jpg

2. vefatica

V19 has a new interface with Explorer. Try adjusting TCMD's Options\Style\Themes.

3. vefatica

P.S., And v19's settings are separate from v18's.

4. pizzaman

Funny, I've never chosen a theme, but it seems I was using Office 2010 Silver without knowing it. :) After upgrading from Win 7, I found that Win 10 looked stark and ugly. I changed it within hours. Besides, blue is usually considered a depressing color and green relaxing. :smile:

Thanks

#4 pizzaman, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. pizzaman

As for the All Apps anomaly, it's easily fixed manually for those of us obsessive about neatness.

Go to ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu

Delete the Take Command shortcut.

Another shortcut already exists where it should be: ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > TCMD19_x64

6. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

No -- what you're getting is the Office 2013 theme (which is the default for TCMD 19). Go to Tools / Styles / Themes to change it to whatever you want.