Desktop Refresh?

I have custom UpdateLinks.btm which moves LNK files to another location but when I view the desktop - the orphan LNK still shows. However it's cleared when I do a right click and select Refresh. I searched the registry for "Arrange Icons" and can't locate that to see what refresh calls. Does anyone know? Or how I can refresh the desktop using TCMD under XP please?

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:19:20 -0500, [email protected] <>
wrote:

|I have custom UpdateLinks.btm which moves LNK files to another location but when I view the desktop - the orphan LNK still shows. However it's cleared when I do a right click and select Refresh. I searched the registry for "Arrange Icons" and can't locate that to see what refresh calls. Does anyone know? Or how I can refresh the desktop using TCMD under XP please?

If there were a way to ACTIVATE the desktop window, you could subsequently
"KEYSTACK F5". The ability to specify the desktop window with ACTIVATE should
be an easy enhancement (maybe in the next version).

I found a REFRESHDT.EXE I had written quite a while ago. If you want to try it, it's here:

ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins/refreshdt.exe

wrote:

|I have custom UpdateLinks.btm which moves LNK files to another location but when I view the desktop - the orphan LNK still shows. However it's cleared when I do a right click and select Refresh. I searched the registry for "Arrange Icons" and can't locate that to see what refresh calls. Does anyone know? Or how I can refresh the desktop using TCMD under XP please?

I tried [ refreshdt.exe /? ] but nothing was displayed.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 04:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Support-t-2466] Re: Desktop Refresh?

I found a REFRESHDT.EXE I had written quite a while ago. If you want to try it, it's here:

ftp://lucky.syr.edu/4plugins/refreshdt.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vefatica
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:25:02 -0500, [email protected] <>
wrote:

|I tried [ refreshdt.exe /? ] but nothing was displayed.

It wasn't meant to go public and (though I didn't look at the code) since it's
an optionless single-function utility, I suppose I didn't build any help into
it.