Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? /Elevated doesn't do it for me...

May
Sample:
Code:
[Z:\]start "elevated" /elevated tcc
TCC: (Sys) The system cannot find the file specified.
 "elevated"

[Z:\]start "elevated" tcc /elevated
 "elevated"

[Z:\]start "elevated" /elevated pgm=tcc
 "elevated"
The question is simple. Why can't I get "/Elevated" to work the documentations seems to say it should work?

Which tcc? Which Windows? It works here on Win7/32. Is TCC.EXE in the PATH?

Yes, one I created a very long time ago (it's just "*start /pgm" so didn't have to specify a title which is functionality I really don't need). Thank you.

Well, if you ask about one of your own aliases, you need to tell us what it is. Anyway, in the ineranl command START the option is "/PGM tcc"; your example has "pgm=tcc".

Who, me? I'm not asking about anything. I was merely pointing out the fact that I figured the problem was probably caused by an alias since I have a similar one. Remove the alias or bypass it with *start... and it'll probably work fine for mathewsdw.

Last edited:
Sorry, TEA-Time, I didn't explicitly address the OP - it never crossed my (alleged) mind that you might consider it addressed to you.

Ah, gotcha. I think the issue was that mathewsdw didn't realize it was an alias that was screwing things up in the first place.