Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Enhance DIR Command

You should add a /FULL qualifier to the DIR command. It should work like the DIRECTORY /FULL command in DCL, the OpenVMS command line interpreter. I.e., the /FULL qualifier should list all of the information that is known about a file in the file's directory entry.

Last edited:
Why not customize a PDIR command to do what you want?
The whole purpose of Take Command is to NOT require the user of Take Command to write their own programs to do simple operations like finding out all of the information about a file. Instead, the user should be able to do that with only a simple command with the appropriate qualifier.

It's not a program. It's additional command line switches to the PDIR command which allows fully customizable directory listings.

The whole purpose of Take Command is to NOT require the user of Take Command to write their own programs to do simple operations like finding out all of the information about a file. Instead, the user should be able to do that with only a simple command with the appropriate qualifier.

I've long thought that TCC's biggest strength is that you can customize it to your own particular tastes.

You could get all this into a one PDIR statement (except possibly for a list of the NTFS alternate data streams). Did I leave anything out?

1638659615385.png

P.S., Except for getting the NTFS streams, that was pretty simple ... just a bunch of calls to various @FUNCTIONs.