Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Everything and view.

Nov
Is it possible to install with an already active everything and 'view'. I am a registered owner of view, and prefer some of its features, like the file manager, over the version in tcc. (no offence intended).

Reactions: rps
I don't know the details, but TCC can be set to look for external things before looking for internal things. I think it's done with aliases, i.e., if you create an alias with the same name as a TCC internal command, TCC will first look at and process the alias and then won't run the internal command.

As an analogy, Rex told me that if you set _date=01/05/2015 when you echo %_date it will return the value of the variable you created instead of the value of the internal variable.

That has been a feature of 4dos all those years ago, to disable commands. I do know sufficient of the details on that part of 4dos/4os2/4nt/tcmd.

But if you try to finetune v.exe or everything, using a third party version, it is somewhat frustrating when tcc hijacks it.

I'd been using V for several years before it was added to TCMD. Here's how I handle it...
Code:
alias v=c:\BIN\V\v.exe %*

I run quite a lot of stuff through apppaths. v is simply my writeexe hack that uses apppaths to launch v. The jpsoft version is renamed to something else.

Back