Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Everything /o not launching Preferences dialogue

Apr
TCC 18.00.16 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 16 Windows 7 Build 7601 Service Pack 1

Using
Code:
everything /o

just opens the Everything window, it's not displaying the preferences window. The behaviour is the same as using
Code:
everything /e

I'm sure this was working in an earlier build, but I can't remember exactly when I last used it.

Everything /O isn't doing anything special; it just sends keystrokes to the Everything window to make it display the configuration dialog.

If you have Everything running in a different user session (i.e., TCMD is elevated & Everything isn't, or vice versa), the keystrokes aren't going to work. Nothing that can be done about that.

Everything /O isn't doing anything special; it just sends keystrokes to the Everything window to make it display the configuration dialog.

If you have Everything running in a different user session (i.e., TCMD is elevated & Everything isn't, or vice versa), the keystrokes aren't going to work. Nothing that can be done about that.

Well, it's working now after a reboot. Nothing's changed, they were both running as standard users before and they are now, so I'll just have chalk up another success for the "Have you tried switching it off and back on?" approach.

After an install/upgrade, the everything client instance started by the installer is running elevated. I wouldn't expect "/O" to work until it's restarted unelevated.

Question for Rex: how does client get started, say, after a computer restart?

After an install/upgrade, the everything client instance started by the installer is running elevated. I wouldn't expect "/O" to work until it's restarted unelevated

That would explain what I saw, I hadn't restarted after installing B16. Following a restart it's OK, so everything must have started unelevated when I logged onto my standard user account. Unless there's a way for the installer to start Everything unelevated it looks like a restart might be necessary after upgrading TCMD.

That would explain what I saw, I hadn't restarted after installing B16. Following a restart it's OK, so everything must have started unelevated when I logged onto my standard user account. Unless there's a way for the installer to start Everything unelevated it looks like a restart might be necessary after upgrading TCMD.
More easily, kill the client (TASKLIST iidentifies it as "EVERYTHING_SERVICE_CLIENT"), and "[path_to_tcc_dir\]everything.exe -startup".

Tell me please ...does the EVERYTHING command work right after a restart/logon?. Do you know how the client gets started?