Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Feature Request: TakeCommandConsole as default OpenSSH Shell in Windows10

What do you mean by "supported". I have configured TCC to be OpenSSH's default shell. It works but I have to be very careful. If TCC does anything GUI, the session will hang. TCC is capable of a lot of GUI stuff. Removing it all might be quite a chore.

Actually, correction: "Take Command Console". As for operations which bring up GUI/windowed elements--those would need to be trapped and set to fail/return an error code. [IF the session == SSH vs. Console, NO-OP+Error-Code any operation which would generate a GDI Dialog/Window/etc.]

ATERNATIVE(not too serious--this would be serious work): Re-implement GUI dialogs using NCURSES & TWIN(Textmode WINdow), Manager or similar "text-mode GUI" frameworks. [Over the years there have been at least half a dozen such platforms. Handy on low-bandwidth connections! For PC-centric users, have a look at the old DOS "DESQview" product by Quarterdeck.]

I wonder if I could specify an INI file here:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenSSH
  DefaultShell : REG_SZ : d:\tc28\tcc.exe
  Agent
    ProcessID : REG_DWORD : 8564

I noticed that if you SETDOS /i-help, HELP DIR gives the quick help in the console.

Is there a way to disable the likes of these (possibly with an alternate INI file)?

Code:
Help=F1 F6
HelpWord=Ctrl-F1 Ctrl-F6

Beside what's affected by ConsolePopupWindows=Yes, can you give a list of those commands and variable functions which can create GUI interfaces (keystrokes too, like F1 and Ctrl-F1, if it's possible to disable them)?

I wonder if I could specify an INI file here:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenSSH
DefaultShell : REG_SZ : d:\tc28\tcc.exe

No you can't. I tried d:\tc28\tcc.exe @d:\tc24\tcmd.ini (also with "/@") and got this (three times, then see ya).

Code:
vefatica@jj's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

You could test for these environment variables in TCSTART.

Code:
SSH_CLIENT
SSH_CONNECTION
SSH_TTY

and if you find them do start /b %comspec @[path\]ssh.ini & exit.

That replaces the current TCC with a new instance (worked at the SSH command line with my v24 INI file).

The alternate INI file would do whatever it could and have TCStartPath/4StartPath locate a special TCStart.btm which would do more.

I'm not yet sure that ALL GUI things could be disabled.