Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FedUtils installation, simplified

Jun
I would like to install the FedUtils plugin and select a few of the functions available. However, I also have other plugins I want to use at the same time.

I find the installation instructions with FedUtils to be confusing and hard to follow. Could someone post some tested, simplified instructions for installing select functions from FedUtils, so it won't conflict with installing other plugins such as ISO8601? They will be run under TCC 12.11.76 (sorry, I haven't upgraded to the latest version of TCC). Thanks in advance.

The documentation implies that you should be able to set a variable FEDUTILS_LOAD to a comma-delimited list of feature names. That doesn't work for me.

I tried it with a variable named FEDUTILS9_LOAD, and that does disable the features not in the list. Unfortunately, the features which remain enabled don't work. I get the impression that that feature is only partially implemented...?

here's how to do it:

plugin /l d:\JPSoft\version13plugins\FedUtils8.dll

now you have something like this:

FedUtils8: @ABOUT @AESDECSTR @AESENCSTR @APRIL @ASSEMBLY @AUGUST @B64D @B64E @C2F @C2K @CENTURY @CHINESE_NY
@CLS @CM2INCH @CONTEXTMENU @COPY @DATEDIFF @DAYADD @DAYINM @DAYSDIFF @DAYSLEFTM @DAYSLEFTQ @DAYSLEFTS @DAYSLEFTW
@DAYSLEFTY @DECEMBER @DECSTR @DELETE @DEQUOTE @DIGITSTR @DIRSIZE @DRIVETYPE @EASTERDATE @ELECTIONDAY @ENCSTR @ENQUOTE

do this to only enable the FRCP command:

set FEDUTILS8_LOAD=FRCP
plugin /U fedutils8

plugin now gives you:

FedUtils8: FRCP

and if you issue the command FRCP

FRCP
Windows Explorer Animated Copy.
Allows you to provide animation to your file copy just like Windows Explorer Does.

Usage: FRCP Sourcefiles Destination

SourceFiles: Defines the path for the file or files on which the copy will act. SourceFiles may include individual file, a list of files, or one or more directories with wildcards
Destination: Names the destination folder for the copy. Destination must be a directory.
fedutils.chm not found in the path or Windows Help directory, try setting %fedutils_help to the directory where fedutils.chm is and re-run FHELP

HTH
Federico

Frederico, thanks so much for responding to my question.
here's how to do it:

I am not as well informed about plugins as I could be, so please forgive me if I ask poor questions. I have a few to ask:

(1) Does the archive FEDUTILS9.ZIP contain 3 versions of the same plugin (fedutils.dll, fedutils8.dll, fedutils9.dll), and it is expected that I should only use one of them? If one or two of them are obsolete, why are they included? How do these three files differ?

Then you wrote,

set FEDUTILS8_LOAD=FRCP
plugin /U fedutils8

plugin now gives you:

FedUtils8: FRCP

(2) Thanks for the info on the environment variable FEDUTILS8_LOAD, though there was no documentation on it in "fedutils.chm" that I could find. I did look. (and thanks to Charles Dye for noting that this accepts a comma-separated list of command names).

(3) Since the environment variable and the TCC "plugins" command now make it possible to load individual functions, commands, or variables, is it correct to say that "fedpluginloader.dll" is now obsolete or no longer needed?

(4) If the answer to #3 is yes, then the variables CONFIG_DIR and PLUGINS are also obsolete?

(5) When I tried using identical syntax to load "fedutils9.dll", I received an Application Error ("Exception EAccessViolation in module fedutils9.dll at 00000000"). I tried both setting and unsetting an environment variable FEDUTILS9_LOAD, and received the same error at the same address location each time. Am I perhaps using the wrong o.s., wrong version of TCC, wrong processor, or something else?

So in brief, it is best practice to load the desired FEDUTILS by means of the TCC "plugin" command, started from TCSTART.BTM?

Thanks again for your time.

Eric Pement

set FEDUTILS8_LOAD=FRCP
plugin /U fedutils8

Now I see: the value is case-sensitive. If any letters are in lowercase, that feature won't be recognized.

WAD?

Back