Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FFIND ERRORLEVEL

Feb
TCC 11.00.52

I'm using FFIND to search text files for a string. I need to know if the string was found in any of the files - it doesn't matter which specific file contained the string.

I expected that FFIND would set ERRORLEVEL (or _?) to indicate the presence or abserce of a match, but it doesn't seem to do so.

Am I missing something? Is there another command which I can use to accomplish this?

I'm using FFIND to search text files for a string. I need to know if the string was found in any of the files - it doesn't matter which specific file contained the string.

FFIND only sets the errorlevel if there was an error -- and not finding a match is not considered an error.

If you just want to check the results to see if anything matched, you can use the FFIND /U option. If you want to test it in a batch file, you can use @EXECSTR to return the FFIND result and parse that.

FFIND only sets the errorlevel if there was an error -- and not finding a match is not considered an error.

If you just want to check the results to see if anything matched, you can use the FFIND /U option. If you want to test it in a batch file, you can use @EXECSTR to return the FFIND result and parse that.

Thanks for the quick answer.